Friday, February 22, 2008

Frequently asked Generic Interview Questions

Tell me about yourself. [about myself means about my introduction i.e. my name , which place i belong to about my family background ,about my career about my achievements about my strengh and weakness and about my hobby and interest in an specific feild .]
What experience do you have in this field? How many years of experience do you have in area you are applying for?
Why did you leave your last job? Why are you planning to leave your current job? [There isn’t room for growth with my current employer . I have set some career goals for myself, and I know that I cannot achieve them at my current company. My goal is to work for a larger company with a possible career path.
Found myself bored with the work and looking for more new challenges
]
What do you know about this organization? [According to me this is one of the best company. It has a good Environment, We feel good working in companies, which hasgood growth in the IT Industries. This Organization has allthe qualities like good growth, good Environment,maintaining a best level in the IT Industries, etc.]

Why do you want to work for this organization? [It values people,gives better package,latest technologies etc]
How would you describe your ideal job? [a job that is motivational,the one that deives me to work harder ]
How long would you expect to work for us if hired? ["I'd like it to be a long time." or"As long as we both feel I'm doing a good job."]
What have you done to improve your knowledge recently?
What do co-workers say about you? [My co-workers always admit that I am good team player by providing suitable advices at the right time.]
What irritates you about co-workers? What kind of person would you not work with?
Do you know anyone who works for us? (Relatives/Friends?)
What is your salary expectation?
Are you a team player or independent contributor?
What is your philosophy / ethics towards work?
Tell me about a problem you had with a supervisor?
How do you handle conflict at work?
How do you handle heavy stress at work?
What has motivated you to do your best on the job?.
What has disappointed you about a job?
What is your greatest strength? What is your weakest point?
How would you know you were successful on this job?
Would you be willing to relocate if required?
What have you learned from mistakes on the job?
If you were hiring a person for this job, what would you look for?
What has been your biggest professional disappointment or failure?
Do you think you are overqualified for this position?
How will you compensate for your lack of experience?
What do you see yourself doing five years from now?
What major problem have you had to deal with recently and how did you overcome?
Why should we hire you?
Do you have any questions for me?

No comments: